Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cave drawings

The morning started out nice with the twins sharing their breakfast treats. Lily's just like her mama..."hey you gonna eat that?!?"


Then Miss Lily decided to get into some mischief and I found this in the kitchen. We then had a stern lecture on what is appropriate to color on and what is not. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa who brought the sidewalk chalk in the Easter baskets. Lily now assumes all surfaces are fair game...(smiling through gritted teeth).

And then post nap, I went to go take care of something in another part of the house and when I noticed it was pretty quiet, I came around to find this.....


Mom: AHHHHH...who did this! Lily! Zane!

Mom: AHHH More in the hallway!!! Ah crud, Zane's asleep on the floor...again.


Lily: Don't worry, I've been keeping an eye on him...but (shhh) don't tell him I told you, he colored the walls...

Lily: No no Zane don't color on the walls....
Mom: Lily why are your palms purple....?


Lily: OH! You mean THESE marks on the wall???
Zane: Huh?


Lily: well, I may have made a mark or two..aren't my vertical lines looking great

Lily: My mean mommy is making me clean it all up. She just can't appreciate great art.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Wait until they get their drum set! MWAAHAAHAAA

Katie Geurin said...

We miss seeing yall! I'm out of town the end of this week and next week, but let's do something before Zane's surgery. Sweet Zane asleep while his sister was an artist. He didn't realize he was missing a great opportunity!

GiGi said...

Oh,no,not a drum set. I wish I had a photo of the wall art Leslie produced at just about their age. She would be in her room for a nap and draw with crayons on the wall. A multicolored art piece until mama hid the crayons.

Once, at a friend's house, their Nana emptied an entire container of foot powder all over the closet floor.

Then there was David with his little screw driver taking the hinges off the kitchen cabinet doors.

All at about the age the twins are now. Fond memories (after all these years).

As always, love the blog ...

Anonymous said...

I'm sending cymbals and jingle bells for the drumset... MWAAHAAHAAA -

Seriously, those babies are the cutest and I love them to pieces - now if I can only meet them... Love you all.