Monday, April 6, 2009

No A/C & surprise!



Hooray! The A/C is fixed!! Babies had a hard time getting to sleep last night because it was so hot and this morning Zane sported the "sweaty baby" look complete with curly hair in the back.  But the maintenance guys came (on time!) and fixed it right up.  The house is now nice and cool...and babies are happy.


One of the neatest things about Miami flora is that an ordinary looking tree or bush, clothed in boring green will one day burst alive with flowers of about every color.  There was a tree in my backyard that I just assumed was a boring ol' tree.  Today I got a surprise to find out it is actually a gardenia!  I was missing mine that I planted in our backyard back in Houston, but now, I have some of my own here in Miami.  I had no idea it was a gardenia because it is a large plant, it puts my little Houston ones to shame, but everything grows bigger here. 

4 comments:

GiGi said...

Oh, no, AC's are inmperative with babies (and even without, for me). Hope you get it Verrrrry soon. Cute picture of sweaty baby. Fabulous pic of gardenia. It is a gardenia, isn't it?

Val said...

WOW! You're quick. You got to the post before I even had time to write anything :)
Yes it is a gardenia and the a/c is all better

liz said...

I planted I gardenia saturday and zapato ate the one flower 2 hours later...at least his breath smelled good. Love the pics of the babies! They out cute themselves with every post :)

Love and Puppies, Christy said...

Ugh - no AC. I know how that feels...at least it was only for a couple of days! Glad you all survived!!