Thursday, May 7, 2009

Zane Walks and Lily Talks

Zane has always been the muscle man of the two, he rolled over first, sat up first, crawled first, and now walked first...he is also trying to scale anything that can hold him.  I'm sure in short time, you will see an entry on here about taking him to ER due to crib diving....sigh.

Zane's been shuffling about for a week or two now, but I can never seem to catch it on video.  Most of the time it's because as soon as he sees the video camera come out, all he wants to do is attack it.  This time, we hid it!  So here's Zane on a hidden camera...shhh don't tell him!



(The reason why Jason holds up the Coke can is because both babies are obsessed with aluminum cans.  No....they've never had Coke.  Also, notice Lily throw up her arm to ask for the can, thought it was cute too :)   )

---------------------------------------------------------------------



Ok ok ok...I know you are not supposed to compare children but it's really hard to do with twins.  Lily has always been very very smart.  So smart it's sort of scary.  She figures things out with ease, completes puzzles, puts blocks into shape sorters, and copies sounds like no ones business.  I don't know if I mentioned this on this blog but when she was 6 months old, there was a nest of doves outside her window.  Instead of crying when she woke up from her naps, she would go "whoooo whoooo whooo"  I couldn't figure out why she was doing that until one day I heard "whoooo whoooo whooo", thinking it was Lily awake out of a nap I went into her room only to discover she was still asleep but the doves outside were singing.  She also meows.  A lot.  When we're out on a walk and she sees a cat, she will go "meoooow, meoooow"...and also when Bailey enters a room.
Here's a short video of her language skills at 10 months old!




3 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

They're both so adorable, and so bright! :)

Enjoy...they're doll babies!

liz said...

Note to self: Teach Lily how to say "Manolo", "Prada", "I swear to never wear clear heeled shoes"

Unknown said...

I have personally seen Jason walk the same way and Val took 4 years to say "gate". Gotta love em
Grandpa S