Sunday, September 28, 2008

How do I know my baby needs a nap???

"This is a look of displeasure.  Put me in my crib now."

"I'm tired of this game....put me to bed!"


Easy.  When they start fussing.  Most books will tell you that crying is normal and good for your child.  However, it is also a way for them to tell you things...our babies cry and fuss when they're tired.  We'll be playing with them and having a good time, and then the fuss-monster comes out.  We take this as a sign that it is time to put them down for a nap.  
Once we get them settled in for a nap, the crying stops.  Personally, I think our babies sleep too much, but it seems like they need it.  They take three, 2 hr naps a day, one, 1 hour nap, and then sleep 11 hours at night.  So all in all, that's 18 hours a day of sleeping.  But, we have happy, well rested children so I suppose it's just what they need...

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

Val, I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I couldn't stop laughing at the tidbits at 12 weeks....welcome to the club!!! They're beautiful babies!!!!!!!
Christina Jones