Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My body is a playground

Round Ligament pain is caused by this little ligament that stretches from the bottom of your uterus to the top of it. As you can see from the diagram above, your uterus stretches a lot during pregnancy. I can feel the top of my uterus above my belly button, so even though I'm 5 months along, my uterus has probably stretched all the way to 6 or 7 months by now to accomidate the dual roommate situation. It's a tad uncomfortable when you move from side to side, I just keep imagining this little ligament is going to snap like a rubber band one day. When it stretches a little too far it feels like a little knife jabbing the side of your uterus, but the pain is over in less than 2 seconds...very weird.
In another freakshow, my symphysis pubis (see diagram above) is starting to seperate. I can feel it move and when I push on it, it's a little tender. I always thought my hips were wide enough for any type of childbirth, but my body begs to differ and wants there to be a little more room in there. I wish I could take an x-ray to see just how much it is seperating but, I don't want to microwave the little ones either.

No comments: