Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What have we been up to!

Well, since finding out we are MOVING TO BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (not Wisconsin fyi), life has been pretty hectic.

Jason and I went to Puerto Aventuras, Mexico for our friends Lisa & Todd's wedding. I wish I had a sunny beach picture to show you but unfortunately it rained the whole time we were there. We watched a lot of HBO, read a lot of books and ordered a lot of room service, which is not that bad and a much needed break.






And a huge thanks to Pop & NéeNée and Uncle Chris, who watched Zane and Lily for us while we were in Mexico. They had a great time and got to see their first Aggie football game.






Next, Jason took off for the Middle East after taking about a seconds worth of a break and so mom & the kids are taking care of business here at the house.




After we got back from Mexico and Houston, Zane begged not to go to school that Thursday. Pleaded in fact. Normally, he loves school but I thought he was just wanting more time at home, since we had just returned.. Mean mommy sent him anyway but little did I know he was coming down with strep. Poor kid, I guess I should listen better?

Lily got new shampoo/conditioner. She was very excited because it smells like strawberries, has Dora on it and made her hair "soft and shiny!". She is a marketing person's dream.

Lily woke up crying on Sunday morning, she had gotten sick all over herself and her bed. Turns out she came down with strep as well. Who knew throwing up was a symptom of strep?

But, antibiotics are distributed (including to mom, ouch) and all are feeling better...except mom. Because she's not 3 and can't recover instantly. Lucky ducks.
And now, I shall go pass out in an Advil induced coma.

1 comment:

Emily Q. said...

Too funny. Well, not the strep part, but the shampoo part. Lyla has the same one and for the same reasons. :p And is equally excited about it. But what she *really* wants is to have separate shampoo and conditioner like Mommy and Daddy. Hope you all are feeling better!