Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Visit to Comfort, Texas




Ah hummingbirds, I love these little guys and luckily for me, there are plenty of them on my parent's back porches. Sit still enough with your camera and you can get some pretty neat pictures of the little guys. Sometimes it's hard to imagine that inside the streaks are actual birds.

Zane, Lily and I got to travel the distance between Dallas and Comfort, Texas in about twice as long as the time it should take any normal person. Why? Because each child decided every 30 minutes to tell mom that they needed to stop and use the bathroom FOR REAL this time. It's going to come out, it hurts, I can't hold it mommy, pleeeeaase...only to get a " 'drop drop drop'...I all done, can I get a snack?!?" at the local Exxon of whatever city.

Once we arrived however we got to relax in my favorite part of Texas and also hang out at Singing Water Vineyards where Grandma spends too much of her time (working not drinking!).


(Click on the pictures to play Where's Zane?)
You see that up in the hills? YES, RAIN!!!! Not only did we bring rain to Destin, Florida AND Houston, Texas but also the Hill Country. To see the area so dry is quite sad and even sadder are all the animals desperate to find food. Your welcome! Need rain? Send us on a road trip.

On Sunday we all took a trip to Sea World San Antonio!
The kids had a great time and so did Zane and Lily.

Zane said, Look a WAYA!

I think I disagreed with a part of the show or something.
Maybe a bird wasn't being properly handled or a dolphin had it's civil liberties offended who knows.

I'm not sure what Zane was doing but it looked like he was praying for a dolphin to follow him home.

Aww Shamu

Roller coasters...Lily is a BIG fan.
Zane was a little unsure but kept asking to ride the train again so, they did, again and again.

See that purple horse behind Lily? There was a little girl riding it with FULL FLEDGED chicken pox. Not just 'recovering and not contagious' anymore chicken pox, the real deal.

Zane loved the merry go round but not so much the seat belt strap that required to keep him in place.

OH! What's that you say? Did Lily jump on the pox-ridden purple horse the next time around? Of course she did! At least she's had one vaccination right? Fingers crossed.

Giddy-up purple pox pony.

Short story. It was HOT. Lily and I were trapped on a metal ferris wheel while Sea World crew members had to clean up a code A-6 (?). When we finally got off of the easy-bake oven she was bright red, I had sweated through my shirt and had sun burns on my hands. WHAT LUCK! Sea World has a splash pad area.
I did not bring swim suits but I had brought a change of shorts/underwear each for the kids. I took Zane's shirt off and he ran full force into the water to cool down, I took Lily's top off and she too ran into the water fountains.
That is, until the Sea World Splash Pad attendant told Grandma that Lily was not allowed in the area because her breasts were showing. Apparently it's offensive for a topless 3-year old little girl to run through some water however, it is ok to let little boys walk around with their shorts so low that their butt-cracks hang out for all to see. That was fun to try and explain to my daughter as she whimpered and wondered why she couldn't play in the water.
Well little 3 year old girl, Sea World says: It's important to teach you at an early age to be ashamed of your body, viewed as a sexual being and always remember Uncle McCreepy is around every corner waiting to stare or take pictures of little girls.
ANYWAY! ...back at the farm...

Zane & Lily helped Grandpa pick the "squish"

Feeding the deers, deers corn

Lily got the concept of large piles, Zane preferred the throw as hard as you can method.


They liked the gator. We took it out at night to look at all the stars. It was the most stars this mama has ever seen in her whole life.

We also took a trip up to Marble Falls to visit Grandpa Stone (my Grandpa). The kids swung on the same tire swing that their Mommy and Uncle Dave used to swing on as kids.

Don't judge Lily's clothes, she's picking them all out on her own now :)

Two kids looking at the camera and smiling at the same time! That never happens.

Grandpa Stone told me there's a reason why 92 year old men don't raise 3 year old little boys. And Zane proved his point a couple of times on the visit...ah hem.

We had a great time and only wish the drive down there wasn't so long. Texas needs to hurry up on that whole high-speed land rail idea. Maybe for my Grandkids anyway.
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the wonderful visit!

1 comment:

Emily Q. said...

Breasts? Really? That is insane. Looks like fun! We're going to Sea World in a couple weeks... we'll be sure to cover Lyla's ta-tas.

The rest of that trip looked awesome! I am so jealous of your parents' property!