"Dad, There is NO way I used to fit in that!" (yes baby girl you did)
(Lily Oct 2008)
This week Aunt Jodie stopped by with Baby Grace. Lily is a non-stop fountain about Baby Grace. She talks about her constantly, yet when Baby Grace actually shows up at our door, Lily gets quiet, shy and meek around her friend. Funny how kids do that.
Mommy is about 85% recovered from being sick. Her favorite way to get better is to cuddle up with Zane on the couch and fall asleep. (PS Zane knows when it's mommy cuddle time, he excitedly runs to his crib, grabs his sucker/monkey/puppy and wiggles into the most comfortable position possible...then zones into TV land for a good half hour)
Because mommy is getting lots of rest, daddy has been getting up with Z&L in the mornings...and giving them hot chocolate. What are daddies for...
Christmas Eve, Grandma, Lily and I baked lots of cookies and biscotti. Here, I'm chopping green peppers for Memaw's famous Gumbo that was served on Christmas day. Lily helped with the chopping too, in her own way.
Christmas morning was sort of like this. A giant blur. The kids were in love and unwrapped presents with gusto and amazement. Next step, clean out the old toy cabinet and give things away! Out with the old and in with the new...
More picture are to come, I just need to get them off of Grandma's camera. I, once again, got too wrapped up in the spirit to take pictures!
Hope you had a wonderful Merry Christmas!!!!!!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing! Looks as if a good time was had by all. I loved the picture of Mommy and Zane cuddled on the couch. So sorry you have been ill, and hope things get better from here. The inflatable toy looks wonderful and well worth the time it took to get it done.I am so sure Lily was such a big help with the gumbo. Looking forward to more pictures.
Hope you are feeling better. Your Christmas looked like non-stop celebrating! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment