While driving to my doctors appointment on Thursday, my car was hit. Here's what happened. A delivery truck, brown, was taking a right hand turn into the Texas Women's Hospital parking lot. The delivery truck negotiated the turn incorrectly and had come to a stop. The car behind it, black, was apparently annoyed by this so she decided that she was going to go around it. But, she was too close to the truck so she needed to reverse in order to pull around. Unfortunately for me, she didn't bother to look behind her when she threw her huge SUV into reverse. I was stopped behind her, silver, and there was a car, blue, that was stopped behind me.
As the lady put her SUV into reverse, it started coming back really fast. I looked in my rear view mirror and panicked because I couldn't back up either. So I laid on the horn but she didn't hear me (I think she was on her cell phone) and just kept coming back. The next sound was awful, crunching scraping and my car getting smushed. Once she hit me she finally stopped and then pulled forward again with more ripping sounds. It was a very sad sound.
I got out of my car and you should have seen the look on her face when she realized she had just hit an 8 month pregnant woman. She asked if I needed an ambulance and kept apologizing over and over. She didn't have a current insurance card, so I called the police to get a report. It took the police over an hour to arrive. So it was noon, in Houston, about 95 degrees, on a black top parking area. I was soaked from head to toe in sweat and very upset. It is not very fun to try and make small talk with some lady who just crunched up my car for over in hour in the heat. I'm starting the whole insurance claim process and is definitely not something I need right now. yay for more stress :)
No comments:
Post a Comment